The services which REALTORS® provide to their clients and customers shall conform to the standards of practice and competence which are reasonably expected in the specific real estate disciplines in which they engage; specifically, residential real estate brokerage, real property management, commercial and industrial real estate brokerage, land brokerage, real estate appraisal, real estate counseling, real estate syndication, real estate auction, and international real estate. REALTORS® shall not undertake to provide specialized professional services concerning a type of property or service that is outside their field of competence.
- A very nice historic house came up for sell in the county. They listed with a local realtor but quickly terminated the listing and listed with a high class prestigious company in Atlanta. The sign is on the ground and the house is not being shown. Why? The house is not listed on the local Multiple Listing Service and the local agents don’t have access to the data.
- If you have very specialized property i.e. equestrian ranch in Florida or a 10,000 acre cattle ranch with hacienda in New Mexico find the right Realtor and they probably will not be local…..but then again neither will the buyer.
- It is difficult to sell in this market, you need all the advantages….. signs, multiple listing service, access to land website to give you national exposures etc.
- You will quickly learn who is qualified to represent you and begin marketing the property
- Specifically ask about marketing strategies. If they are simply going to put up a sign and put it on the local MLS, you have the wrong Realtor! There are some great rural land websites out there, make sure your realtor provides you access to the sites.
- · Visit the website of the candidate. Does the site look nice? Does it provide important information like aerial photography, topographic maps, location maps and more. Remember, land buyers start their search on rural land websites and search engines. Make sure your realtor has a high profile here!!
Finally, provide the latitude-longitude of a property corner and ask the Realtor to meet you there. If they find the corner, you are working with a real Land Broker!!
To see my listings visit AllSouthLandandHomes.com Buying or Selling Land? Contact G. Kent Morris, ALC, RF at (706) 457-0090