Are You a Land and Farm Broker? Then You Need to Be a Memebr of the REALTORS® Land Institute!
There are lots of professional organizations out there, but if you sell LAND this a must! Here is how I became aware of the REALTORS® Land Institute. I was managing about 85,000 acres of timberland for a company. The property was located in NE Alabama and NW Georgia. Some of the property was located around Smith Lake, a large water impoundment built to generate hydroelectricity. As you can imagine, the property was very valuable and the company had been selling bits and pieces here and there with no comprehensive sales strategy. One of my first task assigned with the company was to find a land brokerage company with the know how and expertise to help identify, market and sell the property. We owned about 20 miles of valuable shoreline. I interviewed 3 companies and one just stood out, Fletcher Majors with Great Southern Land Co. They ran a very effective market and we were able to dispose of all the property in about two years. We did a 1031 exchange and bought other valuable timberland in the Southeast.
After leaving the company, I began my career in the Land Brokerage business and I knew from the start I wanted to become an Accredited Land Consultant with the REALTORS® Land Institute. There are lots of benefits but I will mention just a few:
- Access to a national network of Land Professional.
- A designation (Accredited land Consultant) earned through education and sales volumes that elevates you to an elite group of REALTORS®. There are 62,000 Realtors in Georgia and only 46 ALCs.
- Access to some of the best LAND education courses offered in the Country:
Google Earth for the Land Professional
Tax Deferred 1031 Exchanges
Land Investment Analysis
Ag Land Brokerage
Transitional Land Real estate
Marketing Strategies for Real Estate
Timberland Real Estate
Mineral, Oil and Property Rights and much more……
- ALC to ALC Teleconferences – learning opportunities and a chance to share experiences with other Land Proffessionals.
- Marketing Tools
eProperties – allows the members to email properties to the other members
The Land Connection – members can post their listings at no cost and receive great internet exposure
- National Land Conference – An annual event with the best Land Brokers anywhere. Provides a great environment for networking and learning.
If you are a Land Broker and want to take your career to the next level, this organization is for you! I am proud to be serving as the 2018 Georgia Chapter of the REALTORS® Land Institute
G. Kent Morris, ALC, RF
Accredited Land Consultant
Associate Broker, Bickerstaff Parham Land LLC.